Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another angel has been called home.

'April 04, 2009
Every good thing must come to an end, and you'll be saying goodbye to a pleasant person or experience today. But don't be too sad for too long -- saying goodbye to one thing just gives you the opportunity to say hello to something new! It is a great day to put into action one of those ideas you've kept simmering on the back burner for so long. You can make something happen and embark on a whole new journey. Take advantage of the possibilities that are all around you.'


When I turned on the computer this morning the first thing I saw was this, my horoscope. I don't generally read my horoscope so to have this pop up out of the blue was a little disturbing.

I've read my horoscope in the past. Just the usual stuff: you'll find true love, money is just around the corner, your lucky numbers are...

This is the first time one of them has come true. My Gramma past away this evening at 6:22.

This has just been one messed up experience for me. I thought for sure I'd lose my mind and break down. I've been on the edge for a while now. But when my dad called and gave me the news I was, well for the lack of a better word, calm. I've teared up a little since receiving the news but nothing like before.

I don't know how to take this. I'm sad, but not, if that makes any sense. I'm just kind of emotionless. Is this normal? Am I going to be able to grieve properly? Or will I just bottle it up like I've done with things in the past.

I went to see her this evening with my wife after getting the news. My dad was the only one in the room with Gramma. He was staying just in case family showed up to visit who hadn't heard the news. I can only guess what was going through his mind, sitting there in near dark with his mom. Scratch that. I don't want to guess.

Gramma looked like she had yesterday. Just no oxygen mask and no movement. She was just lying there. I will admit she looked very peaceful.

So, over the next few days arrangements will be made. Family will get together. Some will fight. Some won't. Such is the way of the Burrows'.

Gramma, I'll miss you dearly and love you a lot. I'm sorry I didn't see you before you went into the hospital.

I remember Grampa Linnard never said goodbye. It was always "until next time". And that's what this is. Not a goodbye, but I'll see you again, some day. Until then have a great time visiting all the family and friends who went before you. Those you called out for before you went.

Love you always.
Chris

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there
I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment