Saturday, March 28, 2009

By God, I Think I've Got it.


Over the past few weeks, maybe months, I've been suffering from a serious case of writers block. I have a lot of good ideas floating around in my head and can write the story easy enough up there, but when it comes to actually getting the words to paper they just disappear. There's nothing more annoying.

But I think I may have figured out what the problem is. It's my lack of a proper work area. My desk is a mess and not by my own hand and I usually feel guilty for going into the office to write after being at work all day. My family needs to spend time with me too. But I can't write in the family room. There's to many distractions.

Perhaps what I need to do is set aside a couple of hours a week to just write. My stories won't get done over night but that's not a big deal. They'll get done a lot faster than they currently are.

So there we have it. My daughter's napping and my wife's reading so maybe I'll take this opportunity to get dressed and cleaned, tidy my desk and do some writing.

Let's keep our fingers crossed this works.

And now that I think of it, this will probably work when it comes to my photography too. I've had a total lack of inspiration lately and I don't think it has to do with the terrible weather we've had this year. There's still a lot of beauty in a winter storm. I just haven't had the enthusiasm to go out and take photos.

Maybe I'll get the basement all cleaned up and set up an area where I can start taking portraits. Set some time aside for that as well and see where it goes.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment