Monday, March 23, 2009

Finding time for one's self


There is not enough time in the day. How often do you hear yourself saying that? I say it quite often, what with trying to juggle a full time job, a part time business, a wife and a daughter trying to find the time to fit in time for yourself is just damn near impossible.

I'm trying to write one novel while I have an idea for another in mind but I can't seem to find the time to write. And when I do I'm way to exhausted to write. If I work during the day I have an hour and a half to spend with Isabelle before she's off to bed and then I want to spend some time with Shawna before we go to bed. And I work nights I have a couple of hours to spend with both before I go to work provided I can get out of bed. I'm currently on two medications. One makes me very tired and I'm extremely groggy in the morning. It makes it hard to get out of bed some days.

So you see the dilemma of finding time for your self.

But it does eventually happen. Like now my wife is helping her mom do her taxes and Isabelle is in bed. She just went down and after crying for five minutes stopped.

Okay, so this was a pretty lame blog. Give me a little time and I'll have something better for you.

1 comment:

  1. not lame at all I understand how you feel. I feel this way a lot too. I would love to invest in a second laptop I think so that we can still be together but do the things we want to do.Like write.

    ReplyDelete